Thursday 15 August 2013

Sweet And Savoury Yorkshire Pudding Recipe Ideas



That photo was taken at the Dough Bistro in Leeds for their Yorkshire Day tasting menu. The delicious looking treat is a Yorkshire pudding stuffed with cream custard, home-grown blackcurrant & Leeds sparkling wine compote, whipped cream and chocolate crisp. Wow that not only looks good it sounds good too. I would be very happy to b served that dish for sure. Until a few years ago using Yorkshire puddings as a dessert or pudding would have seemed alien to me, but since starting this site I've come across all sorts of different uses of the Yorkshire pudding batter mix. As the basic recipe is the same for pancakes I guess making Yorkshire pud desserts isn't such a big stretch.

Sweet Recipe

Cherry Yorkshire pudding sounds delicious and something I must try soon. I found the recipe for it on another website and following you will find the link to the tasty dessert.

Cherry Yorkshire pudding

"Yorkshire puddings – so I've heard but never actually witnessed – often get dished up as a dessert up North. Well, our native Yorkshire pudding is a kind of clafoutis, I suppose, so why not serve it as a dessert? When cherries aren't in season, try ..." http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/cherry-yorkshire-pudding-8215529.html
I also saw somebody on the Internet recommending Yorkshire pudding with cream and golden syrup. There was a very unnapetising picture with the article of one big square Yorkshire with a pile of thick cream laced with syrup. It looked a bit sickly to me, but whatever floats your boat.
In my area of Yorkshire golden syrup on pancakes is just as popular as lemon if not more, but to me adding cream would be too much, but vanilla ice cream might work.

Savoury Recipe

I also came across a really tasty looking savoury Yorkshire pudding recipe and that was at the following website.

Mini Yorkshire puddings with sausages and roast shallot gravy recipe

"Party-sized nibbles, filled with sausage and a little Tenderstem broccoli tree. Be sure to make the gravy, too!www.lovefood.com/.../mini-yorkshire-puddings-with-sausages..." http://www.lovefood.com/guide/recipes/17914/mini-yorkshire-puddings-with-sausages-and-roast-shallot-gravy-recipe
Now that looks to be a great idea for a starter or party food. If you are stuck for ideas for different recipes for your Christmas party this year then this and the Cherry Yorkshire pudding recipe could be good ones to use. Image from http://www.thefoodplace.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment